Helen Biggers Collection
This collection covers a number of primary readers and educational materials during the late 1800s and early 1900s. One very interesting item is a handwritten journal with meeting notes of the Stray Horse Association, circa 1868, with small sketches of brands and lists of post office locations near where stray horses were noted. Also included is a personal handwritten notebook of recipes and household hints.
- 1868 - 1939
- Biggers, Helen (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The Helen Biggers Collection has no restrictions and is available for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The Helen Biggers Collection is the property of the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum. Materials, even if owned by the NCWHM, may be protected under third party copyright. It is the patron’s responsibility to research and secure any such additional copyright and pay any required fees or royalties. It is not the intention of the NCWHM to impede upon any third party rights, and the NCWHM cannot be held responsible if the patron is involved in legal action due to violation of third party copyright claims.
Biographical / Historical
Helen Biggers was an elementary school teacher in Oklahoma City in the early twentieth century.
0.42 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The Helen Biggers Collection was donated to the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum in 1969 by Helen Biggers.
- Alternative medicine Subject Source: Local sources
- College readers Subject Source: Local sources
- Cooking -- Recipes Subject Source: Local sources
- Family medicine Subject Source: Local sources
- Journal Subject Source: Local sources
- Readers -- Elementary -- 1870-1950 Subject Source: Local sources
- Readers -- History Subject Source: Local sources
- Traditional medicine Subject Source: Local sources
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description